-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Call for Posters - 5th Conference on High Power Diode Lasers and Systems
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:41:27 +0100
From: Eric Larkins <Eric.Larkins@nottingham.ac.uk>
CC: Larkins Eric <Eric.Larkins@nottingham.ac.uk>
On behalf of the Programme Committee, I would like to invite poster contributions for the 5th Conference on High Power Diode Lasers and Systems. (Please see the attached Call for Posters). Poster presentations will include a short (2 minute) oral introduction and posters will be located inside the Photonex exhibition for maximum exposure and impact. The posters will also be published as two page abstracts in IEEE XploreÒ after the event. If you have queries on the technical content, please contact Prof. Eric Larkins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstracts should be sent by fax or email to:
Subject: Poster Submission Lasers
Fax: +44 (0) 1372 750 666
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is: 7 September 2011.
This years Conference will be held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on 18-19 October 2011 in conjunction with the UKs annual Photonex exhibition. (More information is available on the website: http://www.photonex.org/conference/ )
The Conference has become Europe's most important meeting for high power diode lasers and attracts a high calibre audience of researchers, manufacturers and integrators interested in networking and discussing recent innovations in this important technology sector. Now in its fourth year, the Conference on High Power Diode Lasers and Systems, continues to present outstanding work from industry, research institutes and universities - highlighting the latest advances in this field, covering advances in diode and diode pumped laser technology and advances in systems. The Conference focuses on the following topics:
* Advanced and novel laser pump diodes, including
- Beam control & advanced beam combining
- Increasing lifetime & reliability
- Increasing brilliance
- New wavelengths
* Advances in diode pumped solid state lasers
* Developments in diode pumped fibre lasers
* Applications for diode laser technology in:
- Healthcare & biophotonics
- Industrial & material processing
- Defence, aerospace and security
We have a strong programme planned for this year and expect to uphold the Conferences reputation for stimulating technical exchanges. Confirmed speakers for this year include:
1) (Keynote) Dr. Robin Huang (Vice President and Co-Founder, Teradiode, Inc.) will speak on their recent development of a kilowatt wavelength multiplexed direct diode laser system coupled into fibre.
2) Alexander Bachmann (Osram Opto Semiconductors) will speak about the state of the art and future prospect of visible InGaN laser diodes.
3) Dr. Jean Charles Garcia (Aerovia) will speak on quantum cascade laser diodes for analysis and sensing.
4) Marco Holzer (Trumpf) will give a presentation on Insights into future diode laser systems and markets, what's needed from a technical perspective and future prospects for high power diode lasers.
5) Prof. Gaelle Lucas-Leclin (Laboratoire Charles Fabry for Integrated Optics) will speak on "Passive coherent combining of diode lasers in external cavity configurations."
6) Dr. Roy McBride (PowerPhotonic Ltd.) will speak on the topic of Compensating the effects of smile in VHG-stabilized diode laser bars.
7) Dr. Tomas Mocek (Project Director of HiLase) will speak on HiLase Project: High average power pulsed diode pumped lasers for industry and research.
8) Dr. Jorg Neukum (DILAS) will give a talk High Brightness Fibre-Coupled Diode Laser Modules.
9) Agnieszka Pietrzak (Ferdinand Braun Institute) has agreed to speak on Design of high power diode lasers with super low vertical beam divergence.
10) Dr. Marcel Rattunde (Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics) will speak on the subject of "2um semiconductor disk laser technology," including their application to the exciting new area of tissue welding.
11) Dr. Petteri Uusimaa (Modulight Inc.) will speak about the state-of-the-art of high-power red laser diodes.
We look forward to seeing you in Coventry.
Professor E C Larkins
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2RD
Tel: +44 (0) 115 951 5534
Fax: +44 (0) 115 951 5616
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.